Creating, collecting & recycling textiles & papercrafts. I love preserving the past for the future.

Saturday 14 January 2012

A card for my sister in law

Here's a card I made for my SIL.
Thankfully she received it before her birthday on Sunday.
The mail up here is so un-reliable, another of the disadvantages of living so far out west.
I used some more of the 1970's wallpaper
I received as a christmas gift
for the lower cream coloured border.
I found at Big W a while ago now
a packet of months of the year
 and
thought they would come in handy for cards.
I circled her birthday.
The pretty vintage flower was part of a gift from my SIL last year.
The double bow was SO fast to do...
I
used
The Amazing Paper Grace
method.

My version of a peg bow maker.
And I just love the music
and
background border stamps
from
JustRite Stampers.
Their stamps are the best quality and make a perfect stamped image every time.
Some stamps
are
so
troublesome
but not these.

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful card! I'm wondering if your SIL is a musician or loves music based on the design.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ellena Elizabeth,
    Your card is beautiful.I am sure your SIL was thrilled to receive such a beauty that will be a keepsake forever from you. What a talent you are.

    Thank you for stopping by and your kind comment.
    Have a wonderful weekend.
    Blessings, Celestina Marie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Betsy, I chose the music stamp because of the sentiment, 'Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life'. My sister in law is not that interested in music perse but I just thought it fitted in well with the black white and red theme.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Ellana - I found you on the Button Floozies comments and wanted to stop by and say HI! You are so talented, the card you created is gorgeous. I read through some of your posts and read about your back problems. I certainly sympathize with you. In 2001 I had back surgery, a laminectomy and fusion of L3&4. It was a success thank God. I couldn't walk from the fam rm to the kitchen without excruciating pain previous to the surgery. It was getting worse and worse. I still have to take pain meds and I get shots in my spine but at least I can walk. My prayer will be for God our Father to heal you and give you peace.

    It's so nice meeting you! Big hugs from Ohio, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thankyou for your comments Sherry. It is so special to have christians on the other side of the world include me in their prayers. I am still house bound atm but always see a light at the end of the tunnel. I have not been able to sew for over 12 months and that is my main love....in the meantime making cards will suffice. Take care yourself and thanks for becoming my latest follower.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Ellena,
    I'm so glad you stopped by my blog, because now I'm your newest follower! Your cards are beautiful! When I saw your blog header, my heart went pitter-patter - I LOVE buttons and collect them too. Then I saw the photo of Little Miss Edie (I have 3 cats!) and I was hooked! So nice to meet you!
    Cindy @ Art,Books,Tea

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Cindy and thanks so much for becoming my latest follower. I have 2 cats, Gordon and Edith, brother and sister. They are both Manx cats but Gordon has a tail. He is the talker, Manx are known for their trilling and talking to owners. Pretty cute. I also have a 10 yr old scottish terrier, Liza. The 3 of them all get along well.

    ReplyDelete